ELEVATE PITCH COMPETITION 2010
Savvy business plans and inventions…
Smart solutions to societal challenges…
Brilliant screenplays, music, and manuscripts…Enter to Win Over $25,000 in Cash & Prizes for your Game-Changing Ideas!
- Entry Deadline: Wednesday, September 22
- Live Pitch Finals: Saturday, October 16
The 2010 Elevate Pitch Competition is the first is the first alumni/student/faculty “elevator pitch������������������������������������������������� competition to give creative thinkers across every discipline and field of achievement the chance to present their ideas for potential funding:
- Would-be moguls nurturing innovative startups
- Social entrepreneurs hoping to change the world
- Emerging artists, designers, authors and performers with unpublished, unproduced works
Entrants only need to submit brief answers to our questionnaire form and a 2- minute, optional video for initial consideration.
The Elevate contest is open to individuals and teams. One principal team member, however, must be an Asian/Asian American student, alumnus, faculty member or staff member of any Harvard school.
While not a business plan competition, entrants are expected to demonstrate concrete thought and persuasive skills. Entrants with the best ideas or existing initiatives that exemplify game-changing Creativity, Innovation, or potential for social Change will take home over $25,000 in cash and prizes. Grand prize packages feature:
- One of three $2500 cash awards
- Adobe software, Public Relations services and other professional services
- Mentorship luncheons with industry leaders to help you develop, execute on and market your ideas
Our 25+ Harvard alumni judges and consultative luncheon donors include:
- Melissa Lee ’95, CNBC’s Host of “Fast Money” and “Options Action”
- Danny Chun ’02, “The Office” head writer & co-executive producer; formerly with “The Simpsons”
- David Eun ’89, JD ’93, President of AOL Media and Studios
- Gideon Yu, MBA ’99, general partner at Khosla Ventures; former CFO of YouTube & Facebook
- Ellen Pao, JD ’94, MBA ’98, partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Gilman Louie, AMP ’97, partner at Alsop Louie Partners and gaming pioneer
- Stephen Chao ’77, MBA ’81, WonderHowTo CEO and Fox reality TV pioneer
Here’s your opportunity to present your vision live before an extraordinary judging panel of venture capitalists, successful entrepreneurs, creative executives and philanthropists, and a Summit audience of some of the sharpest, most connected and best-resourced leaders in America — your dynamic peers brought together by the Harvard Asian American Alumni Alliance (HAAAA), which reaches thousands of Crimson-blooded, Asian and Asian American alums from all 12 of Harvard’s undergraduate and graduate schools.
The Elevate Pitch Competition is designed to help you transform your ideas and take them to the next level. You will benefit from:
- Networking with influential leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, and potential partners
- Mentorship and feedback by seasoned, successful professionals
- Connecting with and recruiting like-minded individuals
- Experience in idea generation, planning and pitching
- Media exposure and PR buzz
And of course, you’ll be well-prepared and ahead of the game for entering the next series of 2010-11 Harvard competitions, including:
- HUWIB’s Business for Good Contest – October 15
- HBS Business Plan Competition – December 2010
- HBS Alumni New Venture Contest – December 2010
- HKS/HBS “Pitch for Change” Competition – January 2011
- i3 Harvard Innovation Challenge – January 2011
- Harvardwood Writers’ Competition – July 2011
Submitting your pitch costs nothing.
The opportunities you might gain as a result?�� Priceless.