Here are a few links below that will help you with your pitch’s content, clarity and persuasiveness.
Keep in mind our preliminary round requires brief answers to our online questionnaire form and we highly encourage submitting the OPTIONAL, short video (2 minutes max).
Semi-Finalists & Finalists will deliver 8-minute pitches (maximum length) — use of powerpoint decks and support materials are entirely optional.
- MIT-Sloan’s Business Planning Principles (especially see the 5-min. business presentation tips on p.41)
- American Express OPEN Forum’s “5 Keys to a Great Elevator Pitch”
- Forbes Article: Create a Great Elevator Pitch
- Guy Kawasaki’s Video “Make a Great Pitch”
- John Fallons “Principles of Presentation Delivery – Developing Your Elevator Pitch” (powerpoint)
- Bill Joos’ “The Art of the Pitching” (powerpoint)
- Work.com’s “Guide to Creating an Elevator Pitch for Your Startup”
- VC Rik Vandevenne’s The Elevator Pitch, the Business Plan, & How VC’s Think” (pdf)
Get a feel for other past Elevator Pitch Contests below. We also encourage you to search for videos of actual Pitch videos that have been posted around the Web.